Online Sales Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ONLINE SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
This document contains very important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that might apply to you. Please read it carefully.
These terms require the use of arbitration to resolve disputes, rather than recourse to the judicial system.
By placing an order for products or services from this website, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and you accept and are bound by these terms and conditions. You affirm that if you place an order on behalf of an organization or company, you have the legal authority to bind any such organization or company to these terms and conditions.
You may not order or obtain products or services from this website if you: (i) do not agree to these terms and conditions; (ii) are not the age of majority in your province or territory of residence; or (iii) are prohibited from accessing or using this website or any of this website's contents, products or services by applicable law.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through mappingcanada.com (the "Site"). These Terms are subject to change by Lux Modus Ltd. (referred to as "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to these Terms will be in effect as of the "Last Updated Date" referenced on this Site. You should review these Terms before purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the "Last Updated Date" will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
1. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered.
2. Prices and Payment Terms.
(a) All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price advertised on this Site at the time the order is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price charged will be clearly stated in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after the time of the increase. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total price and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information; however, we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
(b) Terms of payment are within our sole discretion. Invoices are due and payable within thirty (30) days from the invoice date. We may charge late payment interest of eighteen percent (18%) per annum on undisputed amounts, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is less. Without waiving any of our other rights or remedies, we may refuse additional orders and suspend any services until all overdue amounts are paid in full.
3. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
(a) We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the Shipping Policy for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges unless otherwise specified in the order confirmation.
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
4. Returns and Refunds. Except for any products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within thirty (30) business days of shipment with valid proof of purchase and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return products, you must call 1-844-589-4327 or email our Returns Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number before shipping your product. No returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number.
You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items. You bear the risk of loss during shipment. We, therefore, strongly recommend that you fully insure your return shipment against loss or damage and that you use a carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery for your protection. All returns are subject to a five percent (5)% restocking fee.
5. Manufacturer's Warranty and Disclaimers.
(a) We do not manufacture or control any of the products or services offered on our Site. The availability of products or services through our Site does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any product, service, or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any conditions or warranties with respect to the products or services offered on our Site. However, the products and services offered on our Site are covered by the manufacturer's warranty as detailed on this site and included with the product. To obtain warranty service for defective products, please follow the instructions included in the manufacturer's warranty.
(b) ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION: (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
(c) SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(d) YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER'S FAILURE TO HONOUR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR (i) CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR AGGRAVATED DAMAGES; OR (ii) LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
(b) OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SITE.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 6(b) shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from our gross negligence or wilful misconduct, and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from our acts or omissions.
7. Goods Not for Resale or Export. You represent and warrant that you are buying products or services from the Site for your own use only and not for resale or export. You further represent and warrant that all purchases are intended for final delivery to locations within Canada.
9. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any of these Terms (except for any obligations to make payments to the other party hereunder), when and to the extent such party's (the "Impacted Party") failure or delay is caused by or results from the following force majeure events ("Force Majeure Event(s)"): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics, pandemics, including the 2019 novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), tsunami, explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or action; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this agreement; (f) national or regional emergency; (g) strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; and (h) shortage of adequate or suitable materials, telecommunication breakdown or shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities.
The Impacted Party shall give notice within thirty (30) days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party's failure or delay remains uncured for a period of sixty (60) consecutive days following written notice given by it under this Section, the other party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon ten (10) days' written notice.
10. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the Province of Alberta or any other jurisdiction).
11. Waiver of Recourse to the Courts and Binding Arbitration.
(a) YOU AND LUX MODUS LTD. ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THIS SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
(b) The arbitration will be administered under the Arbitration Act of Alberta.
Notwithstanding anything at law or in equity, the Parties agree that the any Disputes relating to or arising from this Agreement shall be referred to final and binding arbitration to the express exclusion of the jurisdiction of any court. Any application or motion brought by a Party shall be a fundamental breach of this Agreement (and this clause as an agreement to arbitrate) entitling the other Party a cause of action with damages equal to any damage award that may be issued by a court judgement. The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
12. Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 2 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
13. No Waivers. The failure or delay by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Lux Modus Ltd.
14. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person or entity other than you.
(a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide to us and consent to us using; or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
(b) To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by email to email@example.com; or (ii) by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to Suite 500, 715 5th Ave SW, Calgary AB, T2P 2X6
We may update the email address or address for notices to us by posting a notice on this Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
16. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.